Recruitment of an Accounts Executive (Flexible Working)
Fabulous opportunity to join our client, Bootyman Print and Packaging, in Kingston Upon Hull.
Accounting Executive Flexible Hours (Min 21 hours per week)
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Accounting Executive works a minimum of 21 hours per week, preferably over the 5 working days per week (although flexibility can be considered).
The Accounting Executive is an experienced book keeper with a proven track record in the delivery of accurate and timely accounts which includes the transactional processing required on ongoing basis.
The Accounting Executive has an excellent knowledge of Sage Line 50, is proficient in the use of excel and has a working understanding of the profit & loss and balance sheet reports to enable identification of items that may be Sage posting errors.
The Accounting Executive reports to the Directors of the company.
Salary range (subject to experience and qualifications) is £24,000 to £27,000 pro rata to the hours worked.
TARGETS AND OBJECTIVES
To deliver the accounting transactions in Sage on an ongoing basis with accuracy and speed, identifying issues that require input from colleagues and communicating this to them for assistance and resolution. The transactional work for the accounts must be completed by the third working day of the month following the calendar month end to facilitate the work completed by the company accountant on the management accounts.
The bank must be reconciled on a regular basis (with no transaction being outstanding for more than one week) and any unallocated cash items must be cleared and resolved by the calendar month end.
The month end reconciliation between the invoice factor sales ledger report and the Sage sales ledger report must be completed by the second working day from the calendar month end and any issues identified and rectified immediately.
- Ensure all sales invoices are accurately posted to Sage within 24 hours of the invoice being raised
- Complete the cash banking sheets for all cheques received and post to Sage in accordance with the paying customers requirements / remittance advice
- Complete the identification of receipts in the bank and post to Sage in accordance with the paying customers requirements / remittance advice
- Provide ongoing statements to customers as requested and at least once per month
- Assist in the resolution of any queries relating to the financial transactions posted to the customer accounts
- When requested by the customer / the credit note is taken by the customer, allocate credit notes raised to the relevant transactions.
- Encouraging customers to provide electronic remittance advices
- Ensure all purchase invoices are accurately posted to Sage and that all purchase invoices for the month are posted within two working days of the calendar month end
- Obtain statements from suppliers to complete quarterly reconciliations to the purchase ledger to ensure there are no missing transactions
- Allocate payments made by cheque, electronically or by company credit card, to the relevant supplier accounts within 24 hours of the payment being made / identified in the bank
- Ensure adherence to the company purchasing policy in the processing and payment of supplier invoices
- Accurate and timely posting and payment of expenses in accordance with the company expense policy
- Encouraging suppliers to provide electronic invoicing and statements
Bank Account Reconciliation
- Completion of the bank reconciliation on a daily basis to ensure the receipts and payments shown in the bank are accurately posted to Sage within 24 hours of being identified
- Escalation of any queried bank items to the relevant person to ensure resolution of the query is resolved within 48 hours of the query being raised.
- Communicating with the bank and other funders to ensure bank information is received on a regular basis to ensure that the accounting entries on Sage are up to date
- Obtaining the relevant bank information in electronic format
Factor Facility Reconciliation
- Reconcile the factored facility sales ledger report to the Sage sales ledger and report any differences to the factor or resolve any queries within 48 hours of the differences being identified.
- Produce the reconciliation report for the sign off by the company accountant within two working days from the calendar month end.
- Post the payroll payments to Sage as provided by the payroll processor
Accruals And Prepayments
- Post any accruals and / or prepayments to Sage as instructed by the company accountant
The role requires excellent organisational and communication skills.
The Accounting Executive is used to working to fixed deadlines and is calm and considered in their day to day work to ensure that the work is accurate and delivered in a timely manner.
A team player, the Accounting Executive will assist with all aspects of the accounts as required by the role and be proactive in the communication of any issues for resolution.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £24,000.00 to £27,000.00 /year
Link to Job Advertisement: https://www.indeed.co.uk/Veritas-Commercial-Services-jobs?vjk=22140359cf1a0fb7
On 30th June 2021, after 20 successful years in business, Veritas Commercial Services closedOn 30th June 2021, after 20 successful years in business, Veritas Commercial Services closed.
Thank you to all our staff, clients and supporters over the years. We would not have been a success without you.
Our CEO, Jenny Oldfield, wins the Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women In Credit Awards 2020It is this Visibility app and the benefits it brings to both us and our clients, that was recognised by the judges when awarding Jenny the Entrepreneur of the Year Award at the Women in Credit Awards 2020.
We have achieved our Certificate Of Assurance - Cyber Essentials